Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wish List

One of my homework assignments last week was to bring in a bunch of songs I would like to learn how to play. I had planned on bringing in a pile of cds, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the computer Mitch has let me borrow indefinitely has a cd burner, so after picking up a 5-pack of CD-R's from CVS, I was able to slap together a cd from my iPod!

It includes several songs by Pete Yorn and a pair by Duncan Sheik, as well as single entries (for now) from the likes of Nick Drake, Jewel, Michelle Branch, Liz Phair, Mojave 3, Colbie Caillat, Ivy, The Sundays, Vanessa Kafka, R.E.M. and The Pretenders. There is even a Monkees tune in there! I can't wait to see if Erik is able to teach me some (if not all) of them by Christmas...

And I have a cd burner! I already transferred "Mood Changes" by jazz prodigy Grace Kelly. I have been dying to hear it on a system better than iPod headphones.

Currently listening to:

No comments:

Post a Comment