Friday, October 2, 2009

Productivity

Yesterday I had my 3rd lesson (in a series of 13). I began the day around 10:30 with a couple of hours of practice, then got to the school early, and spent another 15 minutes warming up in an empty classroom to get a few things down before my lesson. Apparently it's been paying off, because Erik was surprised by my progress after only three weeks! I am very happy to receive such positive feedback, especially since I seem to perform better in front of him than I do alone at home. I had "Dirty Water" and "Who Will Save Your Soul" to practice, and got the parts down that he'd assigned to his satisfaction. We went over several things, and this coming week I will be working on "You Were Meant for Me" by Jewel and Duncan Sheik's "Barely Breathing", as well as alternate picking, switches, and more chromatic exercises. I feel pretty good about the way things are going so far...

Currently listening to:

No comments:

Post a Comment