Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fender Bender

"Yeah," he said casually, "I bought my first guitar today"...

I say 'first', because I aim to become so proficient, that the basic one I bought won't be of sufficient quality for 'future' me, though it should more than suffice for this rookie. After the guy (I feel bad for not getting his name or business card) at City Music in Leominster showed me a few guitar brands and models, and me desiring to stay within a price range of "not crap" and $200, I opted for the Fender Dreadnought DG-8S Acoustic guitar, made of spruce wood, and with a natural finish. It came with picks, an extra set of strings, a strap, an automatic guitar tuner, a string tightener, a gig bag, and a DVD with all kinds of useful stuff on it. All for $199.99 (marked down from a whopping $349.99!), so I think I did pretty well. I dropped an extra fifteen bucks on a gig stand, and left the store sweating bullets (for making such a big purchase while I am unemployed). But I am thrilled to death, and it's for the best of causes - learning a marketable skill. Am I right? ☺

I am too nervous at this point to do more than look at it, but tomorrow I am going to do almost nothing, except learn how to care for my guitar and play it. I like the sound of that: "my guitar"...

No comments:

Post a Comment