Thursday, December 17, 2009

Round One Complete

Today was my last lesson of my first semester of guitar lessons at The Real School of Music. It's been an amazing 14 weeks, and I feel like I've accomplished something. I've learned a lot of basics, achieved some proficiency on at least ten songs (plus a few Christmas tunes), spent an average of an hour a day practicing (some days for several hours, and a few days not at all - hey, it's called "life"), and am looking at music performance in new and exciting ways.

And an unexpected side effect of this project is how it's stimulated my creativity in other areas. I draw a lot more, and I even cranked out most of a childrens' book I've had percolating in some part of my brain (which I hope to complete the written portion of over my break between semesters). I've actually given up on the cooking though. While it was fun, and I got fantastic reviews & feedback (from my family of course), something had to give! ☺

Anyway, I am going to practice my ASS off during the next three weeks between this successfully completed semester and the new one that begins (for me) on Thursday January 7th.

Currently listening to: "Flyweight" (Thursdays 5-7 pm) on WZBC 90.3

No comments:

Post a Comment