Monday, December 21, 2009

Music New & Old

I was online this morning checking out some local Massachusetts bands that appeared on a top ten list somewhere, and I felt my guitar's pull unusually strongly. So off & on all day (between bands), I have been practicing both the usual stuff in my pile and the Christmas songs Erik gave me. It's pretty much been an all music day except for meal breaks, coffee making, and a few chapters of Craig Ferguson's autobiography "American on Purpose" (very funny). Plus I winterized my office (studio? - haha) window.

I've been trying to speed up my playing (as well as my accuracy) on "Mrs. Robinson" and "Who Will Save Your Soul". And as silly as it sounds, I just discovered that if I hum the vocals as I play whatever song I am working on, it helps a lot more than I'd expected. I've also been considering songs for my next semester. I have cds by Michelle Branch, The Sundays, Pale Saints, Travis and Pete Yorn in my stereo.

I plan on going to see a lot more local bands in 2010, to both support them, and see how 'it' is done. And hopefully by the summer (or at the very latest, next fall) I will be able to join the ranks of live performers, at least at open mic nights - a worthwhile creative project to keep me warm this winter!

Anyway, back to work...

Currently listening to:

No comments:

Post a Comment