Thursday, August 26, 2010

See This Towel?

:::FLING!:::

I think it's pretty clear that I don't have the desire or the discipline to be a full-time musician. While I was taking lessons I practiced every day for at least an hour, for close to six months. Once my lessons ended (because I couldn't afford to continue, not due to any lack of interest), my practice time quickly went south. I'm pretty sure I only practiced six times in the last six months. If that isn't a clear sign, I don't know what is.

The positive: I own a guitar, and can play a few tunes. If I ever get the itch, I can scratch it instantly. I put on a successful music festival that entertained over sixty people (including nearly 20 kids) and pleased & impressed eight local musicians. And I discovered that while music is a humongous part of my life, it's more from a fan and promotional level than as a performer, and that my true love is (and skills lie in the) visual arts.

I'm not abandoning my guitar, nor will I stop writing this blog. I am just officially acknowledging the failure of this performance project as a potential new career path. If anyone was paying attention, I appreciate the time you spent reading my babbling. Maybe someday I'll have something of substance to report.

Jake out.

No comments:

Post a Comment